Hi, I am a mom of two fantastic, crazy daughters and I’m also a former childcare professional and nanny. Although I have worked with hundreds of children for many years, once I got my own children, I really didn’t know what the **&% I was doing. And sometimes I still don’t!
Happy Dutch Home
I live in the Netherlands, where children are thought to/ considered to be the happiest in the world (hence the blog name). That doesn’t tell you anything about their parents though! Surviving the toddler years of my eldest, very sensitive daughter was one of the toughest and most conflicting phases of my life, facing the following challenges – which may sound familiar to you:
- How to keep your toddler in bed during nap time and at night
- How to force-feed your kid vegetables 😉
- You wondering how the *&%# to keep your toddler busy and have a moment for yourself (or for (that growing pile of) laundry)
- How to get your toddler to behave in a socially acceptable way
- You wondering how to adapt to this mom thing as a person (you used to be more than just a mom, right?)
- Getting your child out of diapers and on the potty
- You wondering whether you will ever be able to go out or have sex with your partner without falling asleep.
Sounds familiar? Then this blog is for you! With this blog I want to take you as a toddler parent with me on my journey, creating a happy home for both of us along the way. You’ll be learning from my mistakes, my big and small wins and my extensive research (parenting book junk: guilty). For the occasional man’s perspective on parenting, I hope you’ll be enjoying the guest posts of my husband Oggie. If you have any questions, crazy stories or interesting links, shoot me a message below: